Friday 23 April 2010

Pick Me Up

I've been to Pick Me Up (Graphic art + Illustration event)'s private view last night at Somerset House.

It was amazing. There were so many nicey nice prints after prints after prints sandwiched by hand printed zines, T shirts and tote bags on sale. Sigh, I felt like I could easily spend the amount of money I should be spending on something like the rent there.

These are a few of my favourites from the night.

Having seen some of his work on the internet, I already liked Mr Patrick Gildersleeves's work. But oh my my. The originals blew my mind away.

A3 sized digital prints all unbelievably priced as £12 including the one on the far left by Mr-Oh-I-want-to-live-in-your-beard-please aka Mr Mike Perry. Yes I thought the price might be a joke but apparently it isn't.

I have adored the work of talented Ms Natsko Seki for a long time now. I'd love to have a print of her work in my living room wall. I was really happy last night to be finally introduced to her after these long years of one-way-love (in a very creative manner I mean). She was very lovely by the way.

And in the corner of the space for the shop Concrete Hermit, Giclee prints of my work are on sale too. I felt somehow out of place to be able to have my work up on the wall (even in a tiny little corner of a room that is) along with those great creatives even I can recognise the names of. And remind you, I am really bad at remembering names.
They are £45 each, signed and numbered, limited edition of 50.

Pick Me Up is open every day until 3 May at Somerset House, London. The admission is £5 but may I say, it's well worth it.
I think I'll have to go back sometime next week to have a proper look myself too.

No comments: